Protecting Your Finances
Posted: September 12, 2023
How to Guard Against Financial Scams
1. Phishing: Fraudulent emails/sites wanting personal info. Always check email origins and avoid unfamiliar links.
2. Tech Support: Scammers suggest your computer has a virus and request access. Never allow unknown parties to access your device.
3. Investment Offers: Unsolicited promises of high returns are red flags. Consult a financial advisor first.
4. Social Engineering: Scammers impersonate trusted contacts. Always double-check urgent requests.
5. Prize Scams: Unexpected prize claims demanding upfront info or payment are suspicious.
1. Stay Updated: Familiarize yourself with the latest scams.
2. Verify Contacts: Ensure who you’re dealing with before sharing.
3. Use Strong Passwords: Regularly update passwords and employ multi-factor authentication.
4. Monitor Accounts: Review bank and card statements for anomalies.
5. Be Cautious: Always question unexpected communication.
6. Seek Expert Advice: Consult trusted advisors before significant financial moves.
7. Report Suspicions: Inform authorities and your bank if you suspect scam activities.
With Labor Credit Union by your side, rest assured we’re dedicated to ensuring your financial safety. Knowledge and caution are your primary defenses. Stay informed, and together we’ll maintain a secure financial landscape.